Fire House and Municipal Complex Project
On July 17, 2023, the Village Board of Irvington approved a resolution addressing critical needs regarding the fire house, Theater and municipal facilities. The resolution proposes the issuance of $18.2 million of bonds to fund necessary improvements of the Village's fire house, municipal offices, Justice Court and Theater. The referendum, scheduled for November 7, 2023, will determine the issuance of bonds for these essential projects.
As the Board of Trustees looks to the future of the Village, it is imperative to prioritize the safety and functionality of our infrastructure. The current state of the firehouse no longer meets the requirements necessary to ensure the well-being of our volunteer firefighters and their ability to respond effectively to emergencies. The proposed bonds will provide funding to meet these needs.
Concurrently, the plan includes the consolidation of our municipal offices in a new facility. By consolidating the Village’s administrative offices, Recreation offices, and Justice Court, ADA accessibility and important safety factors will be addressed.
This move will facilitate an enhanced, grand entrance from Main Street for our existing Irvington Theater. Improvements will include a new lobby space and restrooms with handicapped accessibility. These upgrades aim to enhance the civic experience and improve the quality of services provided to our residents.
- Project History
- Project Overview
- Critical and Important Needs
- Project Design
- Project Financing
- Meeting Video
- Architectural Presentation June 14, 2023 (video - starts at 25:20 mark)
- Financial Presentation June 22, 2023 (video - starts at 1:49:30 mark)
- Design Update Meeting February 28, 2023 (video - starts at 4:42 mark)
- Initial Project Presentation Meeting September 21, 2022
- Capital Budget presentation July 13, 2022 (video - primarily starts at 1:05:45 but also various discussions through the entire meeting)