It is the desire of the Recreation and Parks Advisory Committee to fulfill its charges as approved by the Village Board of Trustees:
- To serve as a liaison between the department and the community, encouraging new ideas as well as suggestions and comments on existing services.
- To provide a variety of quality programs and services for all members of the community, using available community resources efficiently.
- To promote good sportsmanship, improve the quality of life, and encourage community participation.
- To provide special events that promote family and community
- To preserve, provide access, maintain and improve parks and parklands for all residents
- To oversee and represent the sub-committees and boards of the village that are under the direction and supervision of the Recreation and Parks Department including the Beautification Committee, Community Advisory Board, Irvington Woods Committee, F.A.C.E. Committee and other groups or committees established and created to serve the community using the department to facilitate their goals and objectives.
- Rocco Rasulo, Chairman
- Janet Kovacs, Vice Chair
- Tanya Hunt
- Jonathan Kashkin
- Jane Ann Carelli
- Allyson Felix
- Michael Smith
- Matt Spencer
- Jeanette Salvatore
- Larry Lonky (Village Board liaison)