All dog licenses for the Village of Irvington will be issued by the Greenburgh Town Clerk located at 177 Hillside Avenue, Greenburgh, NY 10607.
Renewal paperwork will be sent directly to the dog owner from the Town of Greenburgh approximately one month prior to expiration date. If you do not receive renewal paperwork, please contact the Town Clerk’s Office at (914) 989-1500.Documents Required to Obtain a New License
Documents Required to Renew a License
- License application
- If the dog is spayed or neutered, a certificate from a licensed veterinarian or an affidavit from the owner showing that the dog has been spayed or neutered. This proof only has to be provided once.
- Dogs under four months of age may be licensed without proof of rabies for one year.
- All dogs four months or older must have proof of a rabies vaccination signed by a licensed veterinarian or a certificate stating why the life of the dog would be endangered by the vaccine.
- For guide dogs, war dogs, hearing dogs, police dogs or service dogs, satisfactory proof is required, such as a training certificate. Dogs engaged in these services need to be currently licensed for their trained purpose at the time of licensing.
- The appropriate non-refundable license fee.
- Renewal application sent to you by the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets.
- Proof of up to date rabies vaccination.
- Proof of spay or neuter (if procedure occurred in past 12 months).