The Irvington Town Hall is the main building in use by the government of the Village of Irvington. It houses the offices of the Village Clerk/Treasurer, Building Inspector, Village Administrator, Justice Court, and the Police Department. The Town Hall is a 1902 historic structure designed by architect A.J. Manning and has been on the National Register of Historic Places since 1984.
Due to the age of the building, it was deemed necessary by the Board of Trustees to study the condition of its exterior elements. This includes the brick, terra cotta, roof, windows and clock tower.
Exterior Conditions Analysis
In March 2012, after an extensive, competitive process, the firm of Richard Henry Behr, Architect P.C. was hired to complete a study of the exterior conditions of the Irvington Town Hall. A report was completed in October 2012 and presented to the Board of Trustees in January 2013. A summary of the findings (PDF) along with the complete report (PDF) are available online.
In 2013, the Board of Trustees intend to move forward with establishing cost estimates for the necessary restoration work and creating construction documents for eventual competitive bidding.