Main Street Area - The area including the following streets: the entire length of Main Street; North Broadway, from Main Street to the High School entrance; South Broadway, from Main Street to 14 South Broadway; the entire length of South Astor Street; and North Astor Street, from Main Street to 22 North Astor Street.
Sidewalk - Any paved area in the right-of-way between the curb (or edge of the paved road if no curb exists) and the adjacent property line, intended for the use of pedestrians.
- Hours to clear sidewalk of snow and ice:
For Main Street Area – by 9:00 am and 4:00 pm each day.
Outside Main Street Area – within 12 hours after the snow ceases falling.
- If notified by the Village that snow and ice has not been cleared properly, must comply within 24 hours.
- If notified by the Village that the right-of-way area has not been maintained properly, must comply within 7 days.
- If a snow emergency is declared by the Village, snow and ice removal can be stopped until the emergency is over.
- Village still responsible for maintaining the concrete.
- Village still liable for accidents that occur on sidewalks.
- Law is effective July 15, 2010.